Struggling finished chemo/radiotherapy got 8wks before scans and possibly surgery but can't find insurance for holiday

• 2 replies
  • 19 subscribers

hi anyone been in same position, hubby just finished five weeks radiotherapy, now got 8 weeks break and was hoping for holiday but tried to get insurance and because further treatment expected but we don't know what can't find insurance, well we can but quoted £2270 for single trip 12 day cover with all clear. And boots wouldn't cover.

anyone any thoughts ideas, maybe my answers were wrong, I don't know......

• Hi and welcome to the travel insurance group

Unfortunately, as you have found, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you have had a cancer diagnosis.

Have you had chance to look through the Recommended Travel Insurance thread yet as it's where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained travel insurance? Clicking on the link I've created will take you directly to it if you haven't looked yet.

It is best to phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes. Make sure you have all the dates of your husband's  treatments to hand along with details of any medication and any future planned treatment.

If you haven't done so already you need to make sure that your husband has got the okay from his consultant to go and that it's marked in his notes. This is in case you need to make a claim. You don't want the travel insurance company to have any excuse not to pay out!

I do hope that you can get insurance and that you have a lovely holiday.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Unfortunately if you’re ”waiting“ for anything you are classed at a higher risk by the Insurance companies.

I expect you will find the same with them all.  We are holidaying in UK this year. A break away is a holiday anywhere, providing the sun shines...

Sorry, perhaps wait till after next treatment finishes