Hurrah we found travel insurance for mum!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Just to let you know that further to my previous post we found travel insurance that was mentioned by various people in this group.  We ended up using 'Insurancewith'

My sister who made the last minute call yesterday spent an hour talking to someone who was very knowledgeable and helpful - and the quote was extremely reasonable and covered my mum's lung cancer diagnoses among other issues she has with blood pressure, heart etc. 

We paid £170 for a 10 day trip to Europe and includes insurance for flight cancellation due to ill health, all medical expenses, and repatriation if needed - and a very low excess .  We were so pleased after spending hours getting ridiculous quotes for thousands of pounds or flat right refusal to insure my mum.

So thank you to those who posted and I hope this post helps someone else in the same predicament as we were!

• That's really great news  and thanks for sharing this with us.

I hope you all have a lovely holiday!

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

And thank you very much for your help Slight smile

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Deme,

Thank you so much for writing your post. I've been through the same horrible travel insurance search for my husband who has lung cancer.  I've been constantly on the phone for two days, sleepless night and feeling emotionally drained. Then I read your post.

I quickly got onto Insurewith and they came back with a price of less than £100. I was amazed.

We're looking forward to our son's wedding in Cyprus now. 

Thanks for the referred. I wish you and your family well.

X