Cruising

• 4 replies
  • 20 subscribers

I have incurable but stable kidney cancer and would love to go on a cruise. Does anyone have any information about insurance covering cruises? Is it more difficult/expensive than other holidays?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Yes it can be, Cruise adds a Premium and depends where your Cruising to. Stay in Europe and it’s better...

I use insurancewith.com and went on a Caribbean Cruise, it’s all about timing I think. I have 3 monthly CTs to monitor my treatment and monthly bloods, so that routine for me.

Insurance companies don’t like you “waiting “ for something so I book after my latest OPA when I have my treatment plan

Hope that helps

• Hi

I 'spoke' to you in the kidney group and recommended that you joined us over here. 

Have you looked through the 'Recommended Travel Insurance' thread yet as there are lots of recommendations there? If not you should easily spot it on this first page. 

Best wishes 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I was going to book it after my scan results anyway, just for my own peace of mind. Hopefully nothing has changed.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Maybug

Good plan, hope all goes well and you have a great holiday x