Travel insurance

Have you had difficulty getting travel insurance after a cancer diagnosis? Or have you managed to find a reasonable quote? Join this group to share experiences and talk to people who understand what you’re going through.

Do travel insurance companies ask for a doctor's letter and if so, what kind of questions do they want answered?

kristinajurassica
Posted by

Also, does anyone know which travel insurance companies screen using Protectif or Tamis?  Many thanks for any replies.

Bodach
Posted by

Hi would this help. If you scroll down the page a chart should appear with the information I think you are after, if the link doesn't work let me know and I'll post it in another format.

https://www.which.co.uk/money/insurance/travel-insurance/travel-insurance-for-cancer-patients-a6kuw6h7x384#headline_4

I'm sure that someone will be along shortly to answer the question in your post heading.

Ian

By clicking on the green text above a new page will open up for you you'll need to scroll down the text until a chart appears

With a Stma Care and Management Certificate 

My Groups ● St●ma Support ● Bowel ● Carers ● Anal ● Family & Friends ● Bereavement ● Diagnosed at a Young Age ● Parents of Young Children ● New to the Community

You can call The Macmillan Support line on 0808 808 0000 every day 8am to 8pm

What is a Community Champion?

How to update your PROFILE

The Bodach is LIVING WITH A ST● MA

Mitzie10
Posted by

In my experience they only asked for a doctors letter if you need to claim.

I always update the Travel Insurance company prior to my holiday and ask my Consultant and GP to record I am fit to travel in my records

Christine x