How easy is it to travel/ get Travel insurance

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 18 subscribers

hi my husband has stage 3 pancreatic cancer which is terminal. He is desperate to get one last holiday with myself and our children. I have had a quick look around and finding really hard with travel insurance what drugs we can take etc cant seem to get much information that helps. Has anyone been through this is it just a dream or is going aboard possible. Thanks 

• Hi and welcome to the online community

Unfortunately, as you have found, it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you have had a cancer diagnosis.

Have you had chance to look through the Recommended Travel Insurance thread yet as it's where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained travel insurance? If not, clicking on the link I've created will take you to it and you might find some companies that you haven't tried yet.

Most people recommend that you phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes as it's easier to explain to someone than try to do it online. 

As for what drugs you're allowed to take I think it depends on the country you are going to. If you google something along the lines of 'what drugs can I bring in to .......', you should be able to find the information. If you're meaning what drugs can you take on the plane then your airline should be able to provide you with that information.

You could also join the pancreatic cancer group and ask your questions there as well as there may be people who've gone abroad who can tell you about their experiences. Clicking on the link I've created will take you to that group where you just need to select 'join this group' before you can post.

I do hope that you can get some insurance for your husband and that you all have a great holiday.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi there

i have been searching for travel insurance (  I am malignant melanoma stage 3 )  i was quoted £1388.00 for a year which was more expensive then my holiday, I was speaking to another lady who had stage 3 and she recommended I phone insurancewith tel:- 02038293875 and was shocked when they quoted me £110.00 for the year, this insurance company was founded by a lady in 2005 who was diagnosed with breast cancer herself and she struggled to get insurance for herself at a reasonable price, definitely worth a a call. You have to keep positive where there is life there is hope, wishing you both a happy holiday together. Positive hugs sent your way. x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you this is a big help. What kind of information did you have to provide? Also do you have any info on drugs etc he is on alot of controlled things so worried about that too xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi what is the name off the insurance company please.

tthanks

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

If you were replying to melanoma trooper then the name of the insurance company that they used was insurancewith.com.

You may also like to take a look at other insurance companies that have been recommended by clicking here. This will take you to the Recommended Travel Insurance thread which is where we try to keep all the recommendations.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"