TRAVEL INSURANCE FOR MY STEPSON WHO'S RECOVERING FROM LEUKAEMIA

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Can anyone recommend travel insurance for my stepson he was diagnosed last February with both ALL & AML Leukaemia his chemotherapy and bone morrow transplant was finished last July. His is now all clear and we are taking him on holiday with us but require travel insurance for him and don't know where to start.

• Hi and welcome to the online community

A holiday with your stepson sounds an ideal way to celebrate the end of his treatment. Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you have had cancer.

Have you had chance to look through the Recommended Travel Insurance thread yet as it's where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained travel insurance? If not, either scroll down the page to it or click on the link I've created.

I'm also going to include a link to this thread as it mentions a travel insurance company that doesn't appear in the Recommended Travel Insurance thread.

Most people recommend that you phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes as it's easier to explain to someone than try to complete an online form. 

I do hope that you can get travel insurance and have a great holiday.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi Latchbrook, I've been on AXA PPP Travel Insurance and they have declined Adam's travel insurance he was diagnosed with both ALL & AML Leukaemia but the online site does not allow you to click on both this one or the other only. and that's the trouble i'm having with it.

• If you're trying to get a quote when a cancer diagnosis is involved it's best to phone for a quote as most people find the sort of problems that you've encountered if you try to do it online.

I'm surprised that you have been declined by AXA as the person who recommended it said that there were only two provisos and that they were that you weren't travelling against your doctor's advice and that you weren't terminal. From what you've said about your stepson neither of those things apply to him.

However, the recommendation was for AXA PPP Healthcare and you said you'd tried AXA PPP Travel Insurance. They might be two different things.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Ok Latchbrook thanks for that, i'll try AXA PPP Healthcare rather than the their Travel Inusurance - fingers crossed this time.