Insurance

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi please could anyone recommend insurance companies (if any!) for someone wanting to travel but diagnosed with terminal cancer ?

Thanks 

• Hi  and welcome to the travel insurance group

I replied to your post in the pancreatic cancer group this morning so I'm glad that you've come and joined us.

Have you had a chance to look through the Recommended Travel Insurance thread that I mentioned yet, as it's where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained travel insurance? Either scroll down the page to it or click on the link I've created.

Most people recommend that you phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes as it's easier to explain to someone than try to complete an online form. 

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

AXA PPP Healthcare do annual worldwide cover for around £500. There are only 2 provisos, one is that your doctor deems you safe to travel. The other seems to discount terminal illness, but it doesn't. It states that you must not have a terminal illness WHERE your doctor has given you less than 12 months. 

My husband has incurable cancer and we have had this insurance for 2 years now and it's excellent. He had to claim for £2k last year, after a gallstones episode and they paid up with no fuss and renewed us this year without question.

• Hi

Thanks very much for the recommendation of AXA PPP Healthcare. I wondered if you could copy and paste your reply into the Recommended Travel Insurance thread please as this company isn't amongst those that have been recommended before.

Thanks a lot

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"