Travel insurance

Have you had difficulty getting travel insurance after a cancer diagnosis? Or have you managed to find a reasonable quote? Join this group to share experiences and talk to people who understand what you’re going through.

Holiday insurance. Euro Disney.

Elliem06
Posted by

Hi I am struggling to find holiday insurance for my husband.  He is 52 and has got multiple myaloma and they said it's terminal cancer.  We are hoping to take our daughter in June 2019 to Euro Disney but can't seem to find anywhere who will insure him.?, Does anybody know Any Where I can try and get a quote from?

Thanks Lesley 

Mitzie10
Posted by

Have you seen the thread Recommended Tavel Insurance. Lots of information in there.

You might have difficulty if your husbands condition is recorded in his medical notes as terminal. Is he still receiving treatment?

I’m treatable but not curable so don’t class myself as terminal. I think the definition is life expectancy of less than 6 months and no further treatments available or have been withdrawn. Whilst you do have to be totally honest when you phone it’s sometimes the wording used that helps.

Good luck 

Christine x

jaymacabc123
Posted by

Hi call insurancewith they are fantastic we've used them quite a few times.

Their website does say they cover terminal illness.

Id suggest calling them rather than doing the quote online although be prepared cos the call takes a long time as they do ask alot of questions medically etc.

Their number is 020 3829 3875

This is what their website says:  

Can you cover me if I have terminal cancer?

Yes, we can. A lot of people (and insurers) still view cancer as the ultimate death sentence and therefore charge sky-high premiums or refuse cover altogether, but we've know that the reality is thousands of people are living with a cancer diagnosis and even terminal cancer for years and years - that shouldn't stop them from going on holiday, or mean that they have to pay hundreds or thousands for one-trip travel insurance.

*Learning God is in control and every day holds the chance of another miracle.*

Elliem06
Posted by

Hi Christine. As my husband is stage 3 they class that as terminal. He has it recorderd on his medical notes. He is on his 3rd cycle of chemo and has 3 more to go. Thanks for your reply. 

Lesley.

Elliem06
Posted by

Thank you very much for the information. I will give them a call.

Kind regards Lesley 

Mitzie10
Posted by

Hi Lesley, I would say he is still receiving Chemo so he’s like me treatable not curable.

I have used Insurancewith a couple of times, they do ask the question are you terminal so I explained that I’m still treatable! 

Do give them a call and as it’s Europe it should be reasonable or you could try Eurotunnel as they have a Travel Insurance section and you don’t have to be traveling with them.

Good luck 

Christine x