Travel insurance

Have you had difficulty getting travel insurance after a cancer diagnosis? Or have you managed to find a reasonable quote? Join this group to share experiences and talk to people who understand what you’re going through.

Recommended Travel Insurance

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi

Which travel insurance company is £200 dearer than OK Travel Insurance? 

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

The bean
Posted by

Avanti

grumpy19
Posted by

This is a very good company, I have used them for several years now and currently have annual travel insurance with them, including cruise cover, & compared to other companies, I have saved over a thousand pounds, They have included in my policy,  with slightly higher excesses NSCLC, T2 diabetes, sepsis, pericardial effusion, OA and were very friendly and efficient over the phone the name of the company is insurancewith.com

keith 

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi Keith

Thanks for your recommendation but unfortunately you forgot to add the name of the company you were recommending. 

If you go back to your post at the bottom you'll see 'more'. Click on this then select 'edit' which will allow you to add the name. Then select 'post' and your amended post will appear.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

Smirnoff
Posted by

I agree Keith. I just purchased an annual policy for me and my husband for £160, for anywhere in Europe. Insurewith, however, was the first company I called and because I had such a good deal, I didn’t shop any further. They took into account my husband’s stage 4 lung cancer and asked me if he is still having treatment, to which I told them he has immunotherapy 3 weekly. This wasn’t a problem. I don’t know how they would be if I made a claim, but I hope I don’t find out. The staff at Insurewith are very kind and polite too.

Smirnoff
Smirnoff
Posted by

I phoned insurancewith as recommended by a few people on Macmillan discussion group. There were others to try, but these were the first on my list and I was not disappointed. I chose to phone them as it is better to explain some of the health problems rather than their website. They quoted £160 for an annual trip to Europe for me and my husband taking into account his stage 4 lung cancer.

Smirnoff

Smirnoff
latchbrook
Posted by
[deleted]

PreciousTimes
Posted by

I do t know where the thread is to add Aviva to

latchbrook
Posted by

You're on the thread now

x

maris
Posted by

That is amazing. We are having similar trouble, lost count of how many companies we have tried all whom advertise cover for terminal prognosis.  I will I’ll give Boots online a try!

Mitzie10
Posted by

It’s always best to phone and have all your information of dates, tests, appointments etc in front of you as well as a cup of coffee or tea x

x

Christine x

bondgirl61
Posted by

Hello Fellow Insurance strugglers,

Just to let you know that I've managed to secure 20 days cover to New Zealand for £233.00 with All Clear Insurance. It's full cover for myself and my husband. There has been nothing left out (cancer diagnosis/blood pressure). 

As I've said before, perseverance pays. It's a pain at the time repeating the same things over and over but it does pay.

Wishing all insurance success.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.
zac1monty2
Posted by

I have just used Saga for one single holiday to Switzerland. Switzerland is in the Europe group two and is therefore more expensive than group 1. My list of 4 historical ailments means most insurers will not offer insurance and being over 70 is an added minus.

So, cover has been provided by Saga for £338.63 far less than the nearly £1000 quotes from other companies.

Since having operations for grade 4 kidney cancer and metastatic breast cancer  in May 2017 my bank provided cover costing £200 until this month when renewal was due. After using the same bank for 56 years loyalty stands for absolutely nothing. Wrangling with the company which underwrites insurance for the bank customers a policy for £486 was their lowest offer. Disgust doesn't even start to describe my feelings.

It wasn't even cancer that provided the stumbling block. it was the totting up system commonly used by insurers on identical forms. In January this year I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and have to use a cpap machine each night which took me to the total of 4 ailments.

I hope this information is helpful.

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi and welcome to the travel insurance group

Thanks very much for adding your recommendation to this thread as I don't think Saga has been mentioned before.

I hope you have/had a lovely holiday to Switzerland

x