We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Travel insurance

Have you had difficulty getting travel insurance after a cancer diagnosis? Or have you managed to find a reasonable quote? Join this group to share experiences and talk to people who understand what you’re going through.

Recommended Travel Insurance

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi  and welcome to the online community. 

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your recommendation for travel insurance.

I hope you have a great holiday. 

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Mazmac
Posted by

Hi, In case this is useful for anyone else, I've found Insure and Go covered what I needed post breast cancer. I got single trip insurance, 3 months in advance of a week's holiday to Italy. I finished active treatment for breast cancer in July last year, and now just have precautionary hormone treatment for 10 years. I put all these details in the form online, and it only increased the cost by £5 - total of £47 for me and my family.

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm glad you found some reasonably priced travel insurance and thank you for taking the time to recommend it here.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

LadyLoo
Posted by

Thanks for this info. B4 looking here I was either being refused quotes or was quoted £450+

got it for £79 through Insurewith,com for single trip cover to USA and Canada. I have follicular lymphoma, high blood pressure and underactive thyroid

Love LadyLoo
latchbrook
Posted by

That's great news and thanks for sharing your recommendation.

I hope you have a great trip!

x

MaldivesFan
Posted by

Hi, I’m not making a recommendation but if anyone is going to try All Clear then there was a TV advert today. This gave a discount code for 20% off the base price. If anyone is interested the code is “TVAd20”. I think it was valid until the end of March. 

nana61
Posted by

Hi can you recommend a travel insurance please I have lung cancer finished treatment am travelling to Athens in April thank you 

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi

Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you have had cancer but you've come to the right place for recommendations. The thread that you've posted this message on is where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are so just scroll through and make a note of the recommendations.

It is best to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Make sure you have all the information to hand about your diagnosis and treatment before contacting the insurers. This is a list of things an insurance provider might want to know when you're applying for insurance. Also some insurers might want to know if you've been given the okay to travel by your doctor.

I do hope that you can get insurance and that you have a great time away.

x