Travel insurance

Have you had difficulty getting travel insurance after a cancer diagnosis? Or have you managed to find a reasonable quote? Join this group to share experiences and talk to people who understand what you’re going through.

World First & Travel Insurance

tpott
Posted by

I bought a travel policy online and received policy documents by email from World First. I am in remission from Stage 4B non Hodgkin Lymphoma. On the basis of the cover which I thought was confirmed I bought a one week holiday to Mexico which now cannot be changed or cancelled without financial penalty. I received a call this week from World First Customer services saying that the online questionnaire did not cover the history of the spread of the cancer and the policy needed to be referred to the underwriting department for consideration of higher premium and/or restriction of cover. I am to hear from the underwriters “in due course”. I am in total limbo now. Can insurance companies reneged on a policy you bought and which is confirmed to you?

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi

I'm sorry to read that you now have this uncertainty hanging over you about the travel insurance policy that you recently took out. It's certainly something you could do without!

I noticed that you have posted previously that you had been refused cover when trying World First so you must have been pleased when you thought you'd been accepted this time. As for whether they can impose a higher premium or restriction on cover after you've bought it I really don't know. However, I assume that there's something in the terms and conditions that will give them the right to do this so it might be worth your while to take a look.

I hope that this all gets resolved quickly and that you have a great holiday.

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

TristanR
Posted by

Hi 

I work for World First - I spotted this late last night and emailed one of the team to find out what had happened

I had a reply first thing this morning saying that it had all been sorted out for you which I hope is the case

Hope you have a lovely holiday 

Tristan 

tpott
Posted by

Hi

I can confirm what Tristan says. World First sorted out the issue to my total satisfaction. I would recommend this insurer to any person in my situation. They took a very sensible and compassionate approach in my insurance. Thank you. 

Tim