Travel insurance

Have you had difficulty getting travel insurance after a cancer diagnosis? Or have you managed to find a reasonable quote? Join this group to share experiences and talk to people who understand what you’re going through.

TRAVEL INSURANCE

Keitho
Posted by

I finished my treatment for cancer of the tongue over 2 years now. 

My problem is obtaining travel insurance at the right price which does not penalise me for my cancer.

I have been using travel insurance supplied by Eurotunnel, recommended by patients of Christie Hospital

Eurotunnel did not require details of any medical conditions including cancer

Only stipulation was that in the event of a claim, they would write to my GP for confirmation that i was fit to travel

Eurotunnel have today confirmed that their travel policy does not cover trips to "islands" which include Greek island, Canaries, Cyprus, Madeira etc etc. only cover mainland. This i think is absolute ridiculous!!

Hence looking for a good alternative company that won't charge me an arm and a leg!

Any recommendations would be greatly received

Thank you

TeenR
Posted by

Hi

I tried them first and was told the same. You should try Boots. You can do it online and there are lots of questions to answer, mainly by ticking a choice of box. I answered truthfully and I have just got single trip travel insurance with them to Rhodes for 1 week for £68 and I am currently receiving treatment for stage lV lung cancer.

Good luck and have a lovely holiday 

koru
Posted by

This seems to be a new restriction on Eurotunnel, which rules out quite a few holiday destinations.

Keitho
Posted by

Seems crazy to me, Eurotunnel provided good cover for a good price without having to declare existing medical details. Every company i have since  tried wants to know the the in and outs of a duck's back****

pete564
Posted by

Hi Keitho

Give Boots a ring on the phone i just got cover for a year which covers all mainland Europe Canary islands , Maderia , Cyprus Majorca etc , fore the some of £84 .54 that is the price for me including my wife , i had mouth cancer in 2017 and radiotherapy i told them everything they asked i also have high blood pressure , please read my profile to see what i had done in my operation i thought £84.54 for a couple for a yearly policy is very cheap considering some of the other quotes that i had !

Pete

Pete

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi

Have you managed to sort some reasonably priced travel insurance yet?

If not, and you haven't already found the list and worked your way down it, I'll post it so that you can see who fellow forum members recommend.

Best wishes

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Rosie Posey
Posted by

I have found this really useful thank you. I will try Boots .

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm glad you've found this thread useful. If you don't have any luck with Boots then pop back and let us know and I can provide you with further recommendations.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

Keitho
Posted by

Hi, still looking for competitive insurance quotes, any help appreciated

Thank you

Regards

Keith

washway12
Posted by

hi

fully agree as been with eurotunnel for 3 years and now have had to trawl round for quotes and after spending hours the best for us with pam having lung cancer on remission plus a couple of tias was with insurancewith at 173.00 for 2 weeks to lanzarote with others quoting up to 1200.00 

we had already booked the holiday and eurotunnel was due for renewal 2 weeks ago

nobody at eurotunnel advised us of thischange by the way

nigel pam 

Rosie Posey
Posted by

Tried Boots on line to no avail, I will try phoning them. Bank declined me too which is really frustrating as I'm well and scan this week says disease stable has been since no Jan 17. Trouble is with other issues all under control I'm jetting very frustrated. I had a TIA 5 years ago no problems since. PE and sepsis Jan 17 on prophylactic oral med, no problems since. Mild asthma peak flow now 37o compared to 200 2 years ago so well controlled. Hypothyroidism well controlled. On prophylactic antibiotics due to Splenectomy.any other ideas please? X

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi  and 

If you go to the Travel insurance blogs you can see what other members have been talking about and their own experiences with travel insurance.

Another way of looking for information is to use the search bar near the top of the page to search for old threads covering what you're looking for.

Hopefully one of these will be be able to cover you.

x

[edited by admin]

Keitho
Posted by

Many thanks Latchbrook, i will give them a try

washway12
Posted by

hi

try insurancewith as pam has other problems like type1 diabetes and a couple of tias they turned out the best

nigel pam