Car t treatment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 8 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi is anyone going through or been through Car T treatment. I have a very close friend who has just been approved to start treatment. Thanks Jennie

• Hi Jannie, good you have found your way over to our corner.

You can actually search the group using the search tool near the top - just put in CAR-T.

Lets look for those who have been through the treatment pick up on your post ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Jennie, as I mentioned on the lymphoma action site it would be helpful to know the type of NHL she has and if she knows which type of car-t treatment. If she has dlbc then cd19 car-t is proving to be quite effective and showing positive signs from previous trials.

The other positive is they are constantly improving how to manage some of the potential side effects and yesterday I was reading a report on the newer developments where trials are showing a big reduction in neurotoxicity as the learn new ways to re-engineer the cells. 

Do you have any specific questions 

John 

we all know this is a roller coaster ride, where we ride blind, never knowing where the highs and lows are
  • Hi Jennie

I have had car-t in December for dlbc. I know several others who have and are doing well. Your welcome to read my posts. From my experience it's an extra lifeline. Wish your friend all the best 

Alice x

Alice x
  • Hi Jennie

I have had car-t in December for dlbc. I know several others who have and are doing well. Your welcome to read my posts. From my experience it's an extra lifeline. Wish your friend all the best 

Alice x

Alice x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Alice123

Hi Alice, thank you so much for your post to me, I have just read your posts and it sounds like you have had a similar experience to Emma. She has had 3 different chemotherapy’s on dblc none of which have got her into remission. Was going to have stem cell but as they could not get her back to remission she was put forward for Car T. She is going to have radiotherapy as a holding treatment and having her bloods harvested next Thursday at the QE. She is very scared and anxious but it so good to hear your very positive post, I will show her your story tomorrow. Unfortunately she does not want to join any of these groups herself so  I am trying my best to keep her as informed as I can. Thank you so much and hope you continue to stay well. Jennie xx

• Hi Jennie

That sounds very similar to me.

That's no problem at all. I can understand the anxiety I was the same. It is good Emma has a date for harvest I felt like things were moving after that day. I just found it a bit boring the harvest really I was at Queens in London and was long day of just sitting so maybe take a book or iPad. The nurses were really lovely.

Radiotheraphy was okay once they completed planning meeting where they get all measurements in check it doesn't take too long maybe half hour ish to do. My hair started to grow back during that time and during Car-t. 

when they give the car-t its really quick and they manage any side effects you have really quickly and all side effects are temporary. Fortunately mine were very mild and was in for 2 weeks.

I hope this is a bit helpful and if you have any particular questions regarding Car-t please ask. 

Wishing Emma all the best and sending positive vibes

Alice x

Alice x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Alice123

Hi Alice thank you so much for this, will be back in touch as things progress. Stay well yourself!! Jennie xx

• Alice, favour to ask....would you be happy to put a profile up so we can see your journey?

Thanks, lyndaxxx

Another day survived