Stem cell transplants for blood cancers

A group for people to discuss stem cell transplants for blood cancers such as leukaemia and lymphoma. This can include transplants using a person’s own stem cells or stem cells from someone else (a donor).

Stem Cell Transplant on hold part 2

Alice123
Posted by

Thank you Lyn 

Taking a while to set in. I'm glad you had your daughter with you and you had a nice Christmas. I had a nice Christmas too my family came up to London. Wish you all the best for your next scan and hope your feeling better from your infection. 

Take care

Alice x

Alice123
Posted by

Hello all

I wondered if anyone could offer some reassurance or support. I've had my Car-t in December scan all clear a few weeks ago. My neutrofils were at zero couple of weeks ago and I went to hospital with an infection. At the same time I noticed a slightly raised rash on my arm had for 2 weeks now showed to oncologist at the time in hospital she didn't seem worried but was still there a week later. I showed her again she referred me to dermatologist who scared the he'll out of me and took a biopsy so now got to wait for results.maybe week or more. I am worried even though there's lots to say car-t still working. Anyone else experienced rashes after treatment?

Many thanks

Alice x

Thehighlander
Posted by

Hi Alice, good to hear from you but sorry about having to get a biopsy. I only had SCT but skin issues were part of my journey made worse by the fact that my type of Lymphoma was a skin Lymphoma. Let’s look for this to come back as being ok ((hugs))

Mike - Thehighlander

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela