Stem cell transplants for blood cancers

A group for people to discuss stem cell transplants for blood cancers such as leukaemia and lymphoma. This can include transplants using a person’s own stem cells or stem cells from someone else (a donor).

SCT Re - Birthday Wall

Thehighlander
Posted by

A Re - Birthday wall - why not

It’s my 4th re-birthday today..... so this may seam indulgent, but it’s good to celebrate positive steps and show that SCT can bring life.

I celebrate this one and have put my first SCT back in June 2014 on a high shelf and try to forget about  it.

4 years ago I never thought I would ever survive this long but it looks like I am going to be around for much longer than first thought

Breakfast in bed....... but my wife Fiona says “Don’t get used to it...... you have had years of this....... it’s payback time”

Granddaughters wanted to get a cake but it was agreed that they can get one for my 5th.... 10th......

((hugs)) all round, keep pushing through regardless of where you are at on this mystery tour called Stem Cell Transplant.

Mike - Thehighlander

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

parkrun mark
Posted by

Have a great day Mike. 

I always love reading your posts on this thread and other discussions, which can be very helpful and reassuring.

Mark

Fulhamboy
Posted by

Happy Birthday Mike

I hope you have a great day.

Nick

Dreamthief
Posted by

Congratulations on your re-Birthday Mike  / 

and for all the help to others you willingly share  

G n' J

moomy
Posted by

Happy Re-Birthday, Mike! 
hope you’re enjoying the day!

hugs xxx

Moomy

Thehighlander
Posted by

Granddaughter arrived with a cake 

Mike - Thehighlander

Fulhamboy
Posted by

Dont eat it all at once!!!!!

johnr
Posted by

Hope you shared it Mike!

we all know this is a roller coaster ride, where we ride blind, never knowing where the highs and lows are
Alice123
Posted by

Aww lovely photo congrats Mike and thanks again for all helpful info 

Alice x

Lolla
Posted by

Hi Mike,

Hope you had a good re birthday yesterday. It’s actually my birthday today but I don’t have my re birthday till August next year. Cake looks yummy.

Lyn x

Thehighlander
Posted by

Happy birthday Lynn and I do hope you have as good a day as you can.

We are ‘Royal’ with having two birthdays........the cake was great and a little for this afternoon...... it’s a tradition that birthdays in household lasts a few days xx

Mike - Thehighlander

moomy
Posted by

Happy Birthday Lyn!!!!

hugs xxx

Moomy

Alzjunkyard
Posted by

Aw, tell her i love her stockings!

Happy Birthday! I guess mine is coming up in two weeks. Two years since transplant and feeling better every day!

~Alissa 

MissSatomi
Posted by

Today is my second rebirthday.  

Tomorrow we are celebrating with party at home, with English fizz, afternoon tea and lots of balloons, as ordered by 3 year old grandaughter. 

moomy
Posted by

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

definitely a time to celebrate!

hugs xxx

Moomy