whooping cough

• 3 replies
  • 11 subscribers

whooping cough is doing the rounds at the moment, i have just spent 10 not so fun days in icu, ,,, and now a few more days on the ward to fully recover,,, scary times,,, and my counts have been great,, took bad, 3 days after my last clinic review

• So very sorry! But I’m glad that at least you’re improving. Hope things ease right off and you are able to get home soon....

It’s no doubt due to the lack of ‘herd effect’ as so many folk now are talking about the relative harm vaccinations give (to be honest, extremely rare!) so folk have jumped in this (social media!) and vaccinations for the common childhood ailments are at an all time low! It really is a total pain and applies to measles too, sadly. 

Hubs caught whooping cough at this time of year too, and was pretty ill but able to stay at home. He gave it to our two (10 months and almost 3 years old) before it was diagnosed by the GP who had him on hefty sedation by that time, but on hearing the kids had the same cough, was astonished that, yes it was whooping cough! So hubs also had a nasty chest infection. 

But our worry was our kids, they couldn’t have the vaccination due to our son having convulsions and eczema, GP didn’t want to risk the possible reaction. Son was fine, classic case of whooping cough and recovered well. 

but our daughter was pretty poorly, a good few times barely coughed before going into a big spasm, and one time we really thought we had lost her, phoned duty GP who rushed over, did a handbrake turn in the road, she was just coming round at that point and breathing easily. He admitted her, they put her on a sedative to calm the cough reflex as her chest was clear. But the damage to her gullet now means she chokes easily and can’t swallow anything but the tiniest tablets, all her SCT meds had to be liquid. Yes, Ciclosporjne in liquid form was DISGUSTING!!! 

Take care and hope you’re home soon 

hugs xxx

Moomy

• Yikes!! I am so sorry to hear this Yyonne.

It’s times like these you need a ‘T’ shirt with “if you or your family have not had ALL your inoculations - please keep away from me”

((hugs)) xx

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• nasty disease,, yes am on the homeward strait,,,,hopefully Tuesday x