NHL relapse after 10 months

• 31 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi all! I've come across from the non hodgkins lymphoma sites. I finished R-CHOP in November 2017, radiotherapy in february 2018. Had a really good summer, thought I was back .to '''normal"! 

Leg pain started last September....scans and tests looking at spine initially whereas in fact there's a big mass of dlbcell lymphoma in my thigh matching my original abdominal mass. Due to pressure on sciatic nerve I have gradually lost function in my lower leg

Plan given to me yesterday is salvage chemo R-DHAP 2-3 cycles of 21 days likely followed by BEAM and Stem cell transplant.

This is another steep learning curve for me and I'm sure you lovely people will support me through this as you did on the lymphoma site

Consultant explained that the follicular element of my disease would remain but he's aiming for cure of dlbcell. But he said that last time!

Everything kicks off on my hospital admission next Wednesday. I'm having a PICC line. Not looking forward to spending 4 days on the cancer ward 

Regards, Lynda xx

• An official welcome to the SCT Forum Lynda.

I am sad that your condition has developed as it has and that you have had to join us but we are a supportive bunch of folks who have walked this walk so can talk the talk.

A good way of getting a flavour of this corner of the Community is to hit the Discussions tab near the top and have a look through the thread headings.

We do have a few ongoing threads where we have collected information over the years and it helps understand the SCT Rollercoaster.

Your profile will be getting as long as my one but as you know this is a good place to find out some of our background and the journey we all followed to get to this SCT connection point.

Ask your questions and we will help you out. We also have Jane in the Ask an Expert section - she is a Nurse who works in all things SCT.

So you don’t get to escape the ((hugging)) Highlander Kissing heart

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Lynda, 

and another welcome, but sorry you’ve needed to find this somewhat quieter corner of the site. 

although people get to this group from different routes, a lot of the SCT process is similar, I’m the Mum of a lass who had Hodgkin’s lymphoma and needed both types of SCT (autologous or auto for short which is own cells, and allogeneic or allo for short which is donor cells) and after a long long illness she is at last doing ok but still has remaining issues to get sorted if possible. 

Hope they have a sound plan for you, feel free to ask questions here.....

Hugs xxx

Moomy

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Lynda sorry to read this news wouldn’t want to go back on somertion ward again myself but I wish you good luck and I hope it all works for you don’t forget I’m near by if you need anything while your in the hospital hugs  jeanette49    Jean xxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Lynda sorry to read this news wouldn’t want to go back on somertion ward again myself but I wish you good luck and I hope it all works for you don’t forget I’m near by if you need anything while your in the hospital hugs  jeanette49    Jean xxxxxxxx

• Hi, all! Got through the first RDHAP chemo....consultant apologised how sick it made me....spent 11 days in hospital rather than ,4-5 days. Says the next one around 24 march...have to wait for platelets which are 37 today, to come up to 75. Spectacular bruises and much more tired after one dose than after my entire course of RCHOP

They will up antisickness and  be more prepared. Changing to oxyplatin as doctor said all 3 platinum drugs are ready to use. Then x-ray,  to find if the line is. Moved

Then another CT or MRI to check and may not need the 3rd round

Haffy hugs to all 

Another day survived

• Hi, all! Got through the first RDHAP chemo....consultant apologised how sick it made me....spent 11 days in hospital rather than ,4-5 days. Says the next one around 24 march...have to wait for platelets which are 37 today, to come up to 75. Spectacular bruises and much more tired after one dose than after my entire course of RCHOP

They will up antisickness and  be more prepared. Changing to oxyplatin as doctor said all 3 platinum drugs are ready to use. Then x-ray,  to find if the line is. Moved

Then another CT or MRI to check and may not need the 3rd round

Haffy hugs to all 

Another day survived

• And a Highlander ((hug)) straight back.

Kissing heart 

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Hugs from me too

xxx

Moomy

• Hi all, laying here on hospital bed for episode 2....rituximab dripping in and oxyplatin this time rather than cisplatin from last months.chemo Had apprepent capsule an hour before kick off. Nervous about a rerun of last months disaster......                     Question... Should there be an airlock/filtered air in transplant suite

Another day survived

• First ((hugs)) and let everything run like a clock.

In an ideal world yes about air locks and air filter systems........ but the more I talk with folks the more I see the differences across SCT units.

My unit not only had air locks but each room had its very own air filter system - just hold your breath as long as you can ;).... but make sure that any visitors you have are well and sterilise their hands well xx

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge