Stem cell transplants for blood cancers

A group for people to discuss stem cell transplants for blood cancers such as leukaemia and lymphoma. This can include transplants using a person’s own stem cells or stem cells from someone else (a donor).

Life after a SCT - A Survivor's Guide

moomy
Posted by

I’m reminded to post, to say that daughter is doing well after that incredible week of care, it enabled her to really get on top of the infection! She’s back working and feeling well. Just as well as her Russian trip is coming up fast......

hugs xxx

Moomy

homealone
Posted by

Last Saturday was my second re-birthday. It rather passed me by as I was busy getting on with normal life. Today I had outpatients (with new lady doctor) - because of the anniversary the questioning was a bit more thorough than normal. I won't get today's blood results for a bit, but last time round my immune system was up to 0.29 on the scale where 0.3 is normal. She may take me off co-trimoxazole if it's still good this time, but wants me to go back on Vitamin D which I stopped taking at Easter when it got sunny. The doctor thinks my low level may explain my muscles aches. She didn't seem too concerned about small rashes I've had in armpit and elbow joints - just treat with appropriate creams.

Tessa

moomy
Posted by

Happy Re-Birthday Tessa! 

I suspect vitamin D really does help with aches and pains!

hugs xxx

Moomy