Stem cell transplants for blood cancers

A group for people to discuss stem cell transplants for blood cancers such as leukaemia and lymphoma. This can include transplants using a person’s own stem cells or stem cells from someone else (a donor).

One year on

greg777
Posted by

Hi all,

Sorry for taking up valuable space, but I couldn't resist posting as tomorrow is one year to the day from my donor SCT. Reading the posts of everyone going through it right now brings back all the memories and so I just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone out there who has helped me over the past several months. I have gained so much from sharing experiences with people going through a similar thing, so I just wanted to say huge thanks to you all (even if you don't post, just knowing you are there is enough), and also best wishes to you all, whatever stage on the journey you are.

Greg

src60
Posted by

Hi Greg,

No need to say sorry, good stories are always good to hear and thanks is always welcome.

<<hugs>> and <<congratulations>>

Steve

limaperu
Posted by

Hi Greg,

Can I just say.. Woo Hoo!

Vilma x

moomy
Posted by

Hi Greg, 

That brought a big smile to my old face! Congratulations! 

Please, though, don't ease up on being vigilant about infection risks, keep that thermometer handy and use it should you feel unwell ever! 

Keep posting, now and then too, as it's good to know success stories! 

Hugs xxx

Mammamia
Posted by

Hi Greg,

So glad to hear that you are doing well.  I remember what you had to go through with gut gvhd.  My husband's gut gvhd has been under control as well.  He's got minor gvhd issues like liver, mouth and eyes (very persistent) but it's nothing compared to gut gvhd.  Wish you continued recovery.  M.

greg777
Posted by

Hi Mammamia,

Thanks very much for your post and great to hear that your husband is improving too. I hope those remaining things get sorted out really soon. For me, I am probably always going to have little ongoing niggles (I have recently developed gynecomastia as a late affect of the BMT - unofficially known as man boobs!) but they do not compare at all to gut GvHD, which is so much better. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me during the bad patches because at times I thought things would never improve and the support I got on here was amazing, a literal life-saver.

Greg

LMF
Posted by

Congratulations Greg. Great news. What a terrible time you had. So glad things are looking up.

Take care

Lucy

greg777
Posted by

Hi Lucy,

Thank you very much for your post. I have only just read your profile and I just wanted to say that I am thinking about you and your husband. The position you are in must be incredibly difficult. I am really hoping that things turn a corner for you really soon.

Greg