What’s been happening out there?

• 6 replies
  • 9 subscribers

I realised I had not posted on here for a while but life has had some interesting bumps on the road.

First covid found me back in mid May but I had very little symptoms and although I am still on the CEV list and able to get these fancy antiviral drugs I did not need them.

We were in York the week before Easter on holiday with our two daughters and 4 granddaughters and two days in I felt that I had pulled a muscle in my upper back but it was only sore when I was walking. We got home to Inverness with me driving all the way and within a few hours the pain went straight across my chest, down my arms and I became very breathless - a heart attack!!!!

We went straight to A&E and was seen immediately and made stable. It was the Easter Weekend so we agreed that I would be kept stable over the weekend although if things became critical I would be taken by helicopter to Aberdeen or Glasgow where they would have staff available but first thing Monday I had an Angiogram and the Consultant was able to put in two stents. The resulting heart scan showed no heart damage so got home Tuesday morning, told to rest up for a week then get back to living a normal life.

This text has been a constant reminder to my family and I over the past 10 years that we have never walked this journey alone.

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. Rescue me from my enemies, Lord, for I hide myself in you. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

Psalm 143:8-10 NIV

The song below encapsulates our past 10 years…… “Never once did we ever walk alone. Never once did You leave us on our own. You are faithful, God, You are faithful”

m.youtube.com/watch

• Just posting this note to remove this from the unanswered list ;)

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• So sorry to miss your post,

oh my goodness so good that you attended to the pain promptly and that your recovery from the opp was swift.  God is so good ,you are right we are blessed that He is with us always. I came across thHearts earlier today. God always has so much more for us all Heart

• Hello  I am so sorry I am only now reading your post two months on from when you wrote it.  Wow you had quite a shock. But I am so pleased to read you are and were taken care of in more ways than one.   Isn’t it strange how sometimes when we look back we see a lot more.

and  your right God is good and we are blessed to know that.

I lost a very good forum friend last week, he lost his battle with cancer, and the world lost a good man who gave so much of himself to help others on the forums whilst going through his own treatment and set backs.

Love and blessings to you both x

• Good evening!

so sorry to read of your loss process. Sometimes life’s events and experiences are such a challenge to understand. Thanking Jesus that His thoughts are so much higher, only he can see the full pictuHearte and how he is weaving it all together for good. Bless you Heart

• Thank you Israel for your reply and your understanding.   you are so right, as always May God bless you too 

• Hi , good to hear from you. We just arrived home from a week long visit down to Sunny Surrey to see our 3 granddaughters….. perfect timing as we were able to go to sports days, end of term shows…… great to see and good medicine for the well-being.

I am doing great, just navigating the new meds but all is well.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your forum friend. Being active on platforms like these do connect us with many wonderful people but unfortunately the nature of the subject we are dealing with we do experience this from time to time.

I was on a monthly online support group I help out with last night and we found out that one of the group had lost their battle

Blessings to all.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge