Been absent for awhile posting but still here

• 16 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hello to all you lovely people on this site, I have not been posting on here for awhile but have read occasionally, been warmed just reading some posts, faith shines through.

I know faith helps me however sometimes doubts and fear arise and I lose trust, I tell myself I am being tested and regroup myself, I remember many years ago when my mum was diagnosed with cancer I felt my faith was strong, mum hadn’t had faith, she was fearful of the church, my paternal grandmother hadn’t helped I don’t think as she would belittle mum for not knowing some things to do,with the church......one day mum asked me where do I get my faith from...I said I don’t know it just is...always has been there a sense of love.....i didn’t know at the time but mum started going to church...she took lessons....she took her first communion and did it all alone and only told me after...I could see it changed her.....I hadn’t intended to write this tonight but it’s just flowing so apologies.....mum died quite young, then dad got cancer and I was shattered....a friend said to me that I was being tested and the devil wanted me, I said well,he can have me I have had enough I can’t take anymore.....that was a Lapse didn’t last long I add.

last year my hubby was very very ill some of you may remember I asked for prayers a year ago today he had his op, then sepsis bowel perforation organ failure...he survived a long hard journey back to health.   In December a reoccurrence and he was feeling well so a bitter blow.

he has been having chemo but on cycle 3 became ill with toxicity and was in hospital....he lost a lot of weight ....cycle four went ahead but he is very sick again....he was admitted to hospital a few days ago he is struggling lost more weight can’t stand alone...poor man worked so hard to recover and knocked back again.....I pray for him I ask others to,pray for him, my faith feels strong.....and then i doubt....I question rather than just trust......I have negative thoughts ....i tell myself I am being tested again...I don’t want to be tested again....obviously my faith isn’t as strong as I thought......my sister in law tells me it is the other one at work...tell him to go!! I laugh....I imagine....

my brother rang me yesterday....he told me last year when my husband was sick he had prayed for him and added and I don’t pray....so yesterday I asked him to pray again...he said “I will because you have asked me to but I don’t believe in all that stuff” ...I smiled inside...why?

any how sorry I have gone on a bit....I hope you get my drift....I’m not even sure I do.....

I know you have a faith if your reading this site so I ask once again for your prayers for my lovely man that he recovers that his results are good and that I just trust and have faith.

goodnight all xx

• Bless you. My heart burns for you. It sounds like you are having such a challenging time and although difficult I think it's courageous to share what you have with us all. You are certainly not on your own. I think your experiences of doubt are totally human, familiar to us all. None of us have the strength to cope with life's challenges that is why we need Jesus. He is our strength. I haven't got all the answers but I know he has. I know that his plans for us are good even when we cannot see it. He has given you your faith, he spoke to you and you responded. He will provide you the comfort and peace that you seek even when there is chaos about you. Praying for your lovely man. Standing with you  together firmly in Christ's victory

Bless you both x

• Process, I was so saddened to read of the challenges you have been through and the torment of your husband's illness. You are not alone ...His unconditional love and power shines through and He is with you even though you may not feel it at times. I think we have all had feelings of doubt and questions as to why we have to experience what we go through at times but, like you, I feel too that I am being tested and get angry because I cannot see the way ahead of why things are happening. Don't give up . He holds the plan and will give you the strength to get through this. My love, thoughts and prayers are with both you and your husband. God bless. Love Lamb.xxx

• Thank you for your understanding and prayers x

• Thank you  for your understanding and your prayers I know that you too have been challenged in recent times and my thoughts and prayers were with you x

• Hi , first for not posting sooner  - life and stuff Smirk

So sorry to read the journey you and your husband is having ((hugs))...... During these hard times our Heavenly Father is our Plum line.... never changing, never moving.

We do wonder aimlessly at times but that Plumb line is always with us..... sometimes we have to stop and raise our head and look.

During the many hard times on my journey Psalm 27 was and still is my go-to place for assurance and reassurance.... have a read.

I do like V5....... "For in the day of trouble HE will keep me safe in his dwelling; HE will hide me in the shelter of HIS sacred tent and set me high upon a rock" 

I often read this and think about the many times when I crawl into our granddaughters Wendy House....... its not comfortable but you feel the love and connection....... crawl into your Wendy House ((hugs)) 

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you @Thehighlander thank you for your kind words and links to remind  me xx

• If anyone is on the site tonight will you please stand with me in prayers for my husband who is very sick in hospital he has been there 11 days and not improving as they and I would like please pray for healing for him thank you 

• Hi , standing with you for things to move in a positive direction Pray

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Process, I'm thinking and praying for both you and your husband for healing and recovery. May you both feel the power of his life around you and draw comfort and strength. God bless. Love lamb.xx

• Standing with you Process in prayer for healing and peace. Bless you

PrayHearts️