So encouraged

• 33 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Im so thankfull to have found this group. (New member)

Also to see you here, thehighlander!

My faith is what's stopping me from sinking, so encouraging to find this place.

God bless 

• Yes it’s me again  and I turn up in different places but this little corner of the Community, although slow at times has been a great place to find environment and support for many people navigating the cancer journey.

1999 my journey started with my rare type of NHL, the journey had its ups and down as you will have seen in my profile but myFaith Ali g with my wife Fiona’s Faith were our plumb-line that never did waver.

This is a safe place to encourage, not to be seen as weird and to get support .

Were are just home from a walk at the Caledonian Canal - God’s creation at its best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Beautiful..I live in Fife, lots of lovely scenery, and walks but I haven't been out since I started Chemo.

This is answered prayer for me,, I couldn't find a Christian cancer forum. I really wanted somewhere that I could speak about my faith on this journey. 

I didn't expect to find it on the Macmillan website. To be honest   I didn't have a clue about the Macmillan website before.

It's a bit scary starting out, not sure of what to expect. But I know God sees it all, the beginning and the end and I know he is in control.

• It is good you have found the Community, If you actually go back to the very early days of Macmillan, Douglas Macmillan the founder was a Christian.

We stayed in Dunfermline from late 88 to mid 91 before moving up to Inverness and we still have very good friends in Dunfermline. Loved Dunfermline.

A blood cancer journey is not an instant fix, you can’t ‘cut out’ a blood cancer so it has to be treated very systematically, yes the treatments used can be strong but are all do-able.

You will find some very good information on the Lymphoma Action website, I actually volunteer with them as well.

https://lymphoma-action.org.uk

Where are you having your treatment?

Always around to help out or listen.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Thankyou Mike.

I'm getting my treatment at Queen Margaret Dunfermline. I actually go for my second infusion on Tuesday. 

So encouraging to hear from you and all that you been through.

God bless

• Hi again , so you are most likely at the QM having your treatment. Put your feet up and trust your team.

You may find some of the Lymphoma Specific services that lymphoma Action provides helpful (link at the bottom)

They provide a good Buddy Service and a Monthly Scottish Zoom Support Meeting so worth a look.

((hugs))

https://lymphoma-action.org.uk

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike

My brain wouldn't work yesterday and I couldn't remember my password to get back on here Upside down

Yesterday wasn't great, took 3 hours to get a canula in but thank God feeling good today x

• I find my brain takes its time to get going but I can only put this down to age now...... chemo brain was handy at times Joy

I would be asking for a PICC line to be put in as it saves time and takes away the stress of getting canulas put in every time.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike

I will look into the PICC line if I need to.

haven't been feeling so well this time round and all the snow not helping my mood.  But God is good and I know he will lead me through this x

• Yes it’s been some snow,

Each cycle will be different so take each day as it comes, rest during the down days and enjoy the good days Pray

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Tigerfee, so very good to meet you and have you join our amazing  family 

I have found  this site to be an amazing blessing in my journey battling the enemy!

Looking forward to knowing you. Praying for our Fathers peace to strengthen you

Israel Heart