Prayer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hello I am new here You can read all about it in my profile. My wife was diagnosed with WM last Friday and we are now day 5 of her in hospital and the rest of us not allowed to visit. We are Catholics and I have everybody praying including my interfaith friends. I am praying to Cardinal Basil Hume - he deserves a miracle so he can officially become beatified. The chaplain and RC chaplain at the hospital have been marvellous and so has everybody else. At this stage it is an emotional rollercoaster. Most of the time I am strong and firm in a lifelong faith. At night I am crumbling and worried and frankly scared especially of covid. I am praying all goes to plan and she is home for Christmas which is such a special family time for us. I play the organ every Sunday and singing carols round the piano just makes Christmas for me. We have 3 grandsons and it seems we must now fear the school age ones as carrying infection. If we isolate my church work will have to stop. But in the meantime one day at a time God is good. Rejoice in the Lord always. 

• Hi again , sorry for not picking up on your post sooner as I have had a very busy day.

Yes, I do also post in this group as I have been a Christian for well over 50 years now.

Having a Faith does help the cancer journey a lot as you do ‘get’ that you are not walking this on our own.

As I said your wife’s type of lymphoma is rare so the journey can be that much harder but keep your eye on the goal of getting through this positively.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks Highlander Today 2 people from our cathedral congregation were in contact and I emailed one of the priests who phoned almost immediately. I've decided I am the one needing support right now instead of me helping others so I now have 5 people I can ring if I need a chat which is great! This emotional rollercoaster is very wearing!! But I remain strong in faith, hope and love! 

• Hi again,

I have been on my treatment journey for over 21 years now and I will always say that the person looking on goes on as hard if not a harder journey then the person with the cancer.

You do need to look after yourself and take all the support you can get.

As I said, Lymphoma Action may be a good place to also checkout as they run online Carers support groups where you can talk with others supporting family on their Lymphoma journey as well as their Lymphoma Buddy team.

lymphoma-action.org.uk/support-you

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge