Parents of children with cancer

This group is designed to provide support to parents who are struggling with their child's cancer. This includes adult children who have cancer.

My little boy has a brain tumour

Lgalley81
Posted by

Hello

Are there any parents with children who have brain tumours? I’m feeling incredibly alone and isolated and would love to hear from anyone who has any ideas how to cope and keep going. I’ve lost all Strength to carry on 

GRANNY59
Posted by

Hi Lgalley81 welcome to this forum and I imagine that this is the last place you want to be. God life is so bloody unfair when children are diagnosed with this horrible disease. 

I dont know enough about the support networks but I wondered if you wanted to call the Macmillan Line on Tuesday which I know may feel like an age away but they will have local knowledge that I dont have to point you to parents groups whom you could talk with and could support you through what must be a horrific time for you. 08088080000.

We will be here for you anytime you want to chat and can be with you every step of this journey and you will never be alone on here. 

Im sending the hugest and the biggest hugs ever for now.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Megatron95
Posted by

Hiya Lgalley51, 

My little boy was diagnosed with a brain tumour in january. 

I know exactly how you are feeling. I didnt believe what i was told at first and to be honest even though he has been having treatment for months i think i am only just coming to terms with the reality of it all. 

I think the only advice i can give you from my experience is just to hold your little one and give em a big squeeze everytime you feel alone and down. My little boy is not my only child i have 3 to squeeze when im feeling crappy about everything. Just seeing him give me a big grin makes me feel a little better everytime. I know it may seem silly and maybe like it wont help but thats all the advice i can give as i still feel exactly the same as you are 

Here if you need anyone to talk to 

Lgalley81
Posted by

Hello

thank you so much for your kind email and advice. It is the most painful experience. I am sorry to hear your son is going through the same journey. 

Have you ever heard of Michael Crossland? I watch his videos a lot and spoke to him recently and it gave me so much hope. I just needed that reassurance when it was so lacking from medical staff. Maybe watch them if you can? I’m always looking for hope and ways to cope now.

thank you again for responding. Sending you and your family lots of strength X

Lgalley81
Posted by

Thank you Gail. I really appreciate your thoughts and suggestions xxx