Parents of children with cancer

This group is designed to provide support to parents who are struggling with their child's cancer. This includes adult children who have cancer.

Parents who understand!

jesmal
Posted by

Eager to talk to parents of children affected by C.  As you can see, still struggling to actually say the word! In the space of the last 4 months, our 14 year old boy, discovered a testicular lump, had it diagnosed, had it removed, had scan after scan, and now it seems we have had the all clear.. to say it has been a rollercoaster, is an understatement, it has knocked us all for six and strangely, the good news is just as hard to take in as the bad... people expect you to just get up and carry on as before, yet I feel wounded and scarred and angry that our boy has had to go through this x

GRANNY59
Posted by

Hi Jesmal welcome to the forum and sorry that you have not had a reply yet.

I dont know enough about the question you are asking but  can relate to the pain you are experiencing as his parent it must be awful for you.

Im wondering if you might like to pick up the phone and talk to someone from the Macmillan Line as they will have access to all sorts of local support groups or parents groups in your local area and these may be of use for you. They open again in the am of Monday 20th of August 08088080000.

Meantime Im sending my very best wishes and some huge big hugs for you. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeo
Posted by

Sorry jesmal, happened to see the post Betty late.

Reading your post, takes me back to the rollercoaster days of mine almost this time last year. I'm still with the same mind as what I was that time. Scary, devastated, shattered... What else, no words can explain.

My son was 11 yrs when he was diagnosed with synovial sarcoma on his neck. God is great, he's absolutely the healer for my son. He finished surgery and radiation therapy. He has two scans over, all looks fine so far.

Your son had only surgery I understand. That's great. Hope he'll be fine and my prayers for him. What type of c was it?

Keep us posted. God bless us