Parents of children with cancer

This group is designed to provide support to parents who are struggling with their child's cancer. This includes adult children who have cancer.

Ex partner withholding information

Finlays mummy
Posted by

Hi my step daughter who 15 has just been diagnosed with cancer. However my oh is getting very little information from his ex. The separation 10 years ago was very acrimonious and has only got worse since we had a child together 3 years ago. His ex has told him that he's not allowed to contact his daughter as she has enough to deal with and to go through her however she is not telling him anything. There have been issues with his family recently so this has not helped matters. He has no idea on what the prognosis is or the treatment plan or anything. I'm trying to help him but I just don't know where to start. Can anyone help?

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi  and a warm welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to hear that your step-daughter has cancer and that her dad can't find information about her treatment, etc from his ex-wife.

I would suggest giving the Macmillan Support Line a ring on 0808 808 0000. It's free to call and staffed by trained experts who should be able to point you in the right direction.

Best wishes to you all x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?