Parents of children with cancer

This group is designed to provide support to parents who are struggling with their child's cancer. This includes adult children who have cancer.

Loss my daughter 3 months ago

Rose27
Posted by

My daughter was diagnoised with brain cancer December 29 2014 aged 30. They couldn't remove it so had radiotherapy and oral chemo. Xmas eve 2015 we were told she had about 12 - 18 months to live, we decided not to tell her so she and her partner could enjoy xmas best they could.  Joanne had become totally in mobile 

December 27th 2015 we received phone call to say she had passed away. Her sudden death was due to a blood clot going to heart. I'm still in total shock, I just cant accept jo has gone and I won't see her again. 

suze99
Posted by

Hello Rose

I am so so sorry to hear about your recent loss of your lovely daughter. Please accept my deepest condolences. I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling. You must have been under so much stress coping with this tragic situation over the past few years. I totally understand how you are in shock. It must be so so hard to take it all in. You have my heartfelt sympathy. 

I'm glad you decided to join the community as here you will be among people who truly understand. I hope being here will bring some comfort to you as everyone here does their best to support and comfort each other. Always feel free to post at any time.

I see you have already joined our group Bereaved Family and Friends where you can talk to people who have experienced loss. There is also a group called  In Memory which is a place where you can share memories and post tributes to loved ones lost. 

Cruse and The Compassionate Friends are two organizations that provide help and support after a bereavement. I don't know whether you would find contacting either of them any comfort. I've also put in a link here to an article about coping with grief which I know many people find useful.

Take care.

Hugs and love

Sue x