New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Taking a step in the dark

Tmr
Posted by

Hello

I'm probably not in the right place. If not, sorry about that. 

I was diagnosed with her+ breast cancer and had my first chemo treatment last week. I'm second guessing myself at every turn . I don't completely trust my doctors. I have a lot of questions but I also only want answers from other people who have direct experience with my question or from an expert. Please don't tell me what you think (I already have a lot of people who share their opinions.) 

Although I am not allergic to  steroids I have had very bad experiences and do not want to take it. The doctor agreed to let me try the 1st Chemo session without and see how it went. She cautioned me that I risk provoking migraines not to mention extreme nausea. So far so good. I have been supporting my immune system and have completely changed my diet. I had a bit of a headache ache the day of the chemo but not a migraine.  I've been a little nauseated but haven't thrown up. I went for a short jog yesterday. If all the treatments cound be like this one I would definitely not want the steroids. I am scared of the possibility of chronic migraines though. I am terrified of the idea of deliberately shutting my immune system down and injecting poisonous  chemicals into my body.  

My question is if there is an argument for replacing steroids with mega immune support. 

Thank you

rily
Posted by

Hello and welcome to the community. Good to know you have not had any bad reactions to chemo so far. I cannot answer your question, but could I point you to the friendly and active Breast Group . There you will find others with experience of this and should be able to help. Click the highlighted link to get to the group and post your concerns there. It may help if you copy and paste your above post in the group to save retyping. For expert advice, you may also like to post in the Ask a Nurse  section where you will get professional advice. If you need any help navigating the site, click the reply button below to ask. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.  What is a Community Champion ?
Tmr
Posted by

Thank you. I'll try that.