New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Being the best carer

susannabanana
Posted by

My husband has oesophageal cancer which is being treated by chemotherapy with a view to surgery. We try to be philosophical about this situation but finding it difficult to deal with moods, exaggeration and flippancy. 

Any tips appreciated.

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis and it's understandable that you want to be the best carer possible.

Could I suggest two groups for you to join. The first is the oesophagus cancer group, where you can ask questions and share experiences, and the second is the carers group, which is a safe and supportive place to share your worries and emotions.

To join these groups just click on the links I've created and then choose 'Join this group' on the pages that open. You can then respond to existing posts, by clicking on 'Reply', and start your own post by selecting 'Start a discussion'.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if you could complete your profile as it really helps others when answering, or looking for other people with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this just click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?