New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer

Angh79
Posted by

Hi I am new on here last July my husband was diagnosed with NSCLC stage 4 with pleural effusion, a week after being diagnosed he was hospitalised then transfer to another for emergency radio therapy, he had 5 sessions and was discharged from hospital, then we had a few days before seeing the oncologists, which she said that it was treatable but not curable she has said he would have imuno therapy (PENBROLIZUMAB) he started that on the 21/08/18 and it was a 30 min drip every 3 weeks, he had 3 rounds, the last one on the 30/10/18 was hospitalised twice since starting the treatment,low blood pressure and breathlessness, had a ct scan and they thought it was a blood clot, was discharged first time with heprin injection every night, second time was breathless again and in we went again, chest x ray showed fluid in the lung, they drained 250ml of fluid from his lung and was discharged after 3days in, then on Tuesday 15/11/18 he was breathless again so in we went to a&e another chest x ray showed it was fine so home we went with morphine to be given 4 times a day, but unfortunately he passed away on the 16/11/18, I came down in the morning and found him gone peacefully in his sleep, not even 4 months with him , I am younger than him he was 65, I am 39 and we have 2 children together, we had been together for 19 yrs and married for 18 years, and it has been 13 weeks since he has gone and I am still numb, just going through the motions every day.

Love you always and forever Babs xx

rily
Posted by

Hi and welcome to the community, although sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. Although my situation is different, I know how hard it s losing someone you love. We have a very supportive group here you may find it helpful to join, Bereaved Spouses and Partners . There you will find others who have lost the ones they love and will be able to help, advise, and support you. Click the link to get to the group and start a new discussion there. You may find it easier to copy and paste your above post in the group. I also notice you have posted in the ask an expert section and you will get some professional advice on bereavement there. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.  What is a Community Champion ?
Angh79
Posted by

Thank you for that advice xx 

Love you always and forever Babs xx