New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Would like to talk to people diagnosed with Asymptomatic Myeloma.

Momma B
Posted by

Hi, I am a 54 year old lady, and in Oct 2016 after having a blood test I found out I had Para Proteins in my blood. It was first thought I had Myeloma. April 2017 after having a bone marrow biopsy I was diagnosed with Asymptomatic Myeloma. I would like to be in touch with people who are in the same boat has myself or have been, but now advanced.

rily
Posted by

Hi and welcome to the community, although sorry to hear the reason you find yourself here. The early days of uncertainty and not knowing can be a stressful time. Hopefully, the members of this community will be able to help and support you through it. I see you have joined the Myeloma group. If you post your concerns in the group, somebody with experience of this should be able to help. I hope all goes well. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.  What is a Community Champion ?
Johnty
Posted by

deleted

J
greg777
Posted by

Hi Momma B,

Welcome to the forum, although sorry for the reasons you had to post.

I just wanted to point you in the direction of the myeloma part of the forum Myeloma - Discussion Forum

There are quite a few people in there at various stages, including asymptomatic, so hopefully you will find someone there to connect with.

As for myself, i was diagnosed straight away as symptomatic - I had a large blood clot in my leg and bone damage in my back, so I can’t help you with the asymptomatic stage unfortunately 

All the best

Greg

Momma B
Posted by

Hello Johnty,

Thank you for your kind comments. 

Momma B
Posted by

Hello Greg,

thank you for your kind comments

Momma B
Posted by