New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Hi...I'm new to the site!

GrannyAnny
Posted by

Hi Everyone...

I was diagnosed with Invasive Lobular Breast Cancer in Aug 2018 and I have very recently completed 6 sessions of chemo! 

I am due to have a mastectomy in the very near future...my oncologist said that surgery is usually done 4 weeks after the last chemo so my operation is only about 2 weeks away! Yikes!!! 

I am absolutely devastated that I have to have a mastectomy... I love my boobs...we've been together a long time! I know the surgery is for all the right reasons and, logically, it makes sense but I just can't get my head around it! I might just run away!!!! (Sorry, I'm waffling!!)

Thanks for 'listening' x 

Love GrannyAnny

rily
Posted by

Hi and welcome to the community, although sorry to hear your fears. It is understandable how you feel. I see you have joined the Breast Group . It is a friendly and very active group. The members there will have experience of what you are going through and will ne able to help, advise, and support you. Start a new discussion in the group and you may find it easier to copy and paste your above post in the group. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.  What is a Community Champion ?