New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Diagnosed with breast cancer yesterday

cazzie100
Posted by

Hi - diagnosed with breast cancer yesterday and would appreciate linking up with anyone working through this and any emotional support - many thanks! C

Carolyn28
Posted by

hi

welcome to the online community, sorry you've had to come and find us

you have come to the right place, I felt so much better once I'd found someone to talk to who'd been through it.

we have the main breast group which is far too busy but they're a cheerful bunch and we also have an under 50s group

Breast cancer

Breast cancer for the under-50s

join up, join in or start a new discussion

big hugs

Carolyn

xxx

real life success stories to remind you that people do survive breast cancer

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_types/breast-cancer/f/38/t/115457

cazzie100
Posted by

Thanks so very much Carolyn, that's so kind and I'll definitely link up with the main breast group - best wishes, Cazzie xXx

Polly C
Posted by

Hi Cazzle

Like you I was also diagnosed with breast cancer on the same day as you. feeling a bit numb at the moment, but I must say the breast cancer care team at the hospital have been very supportive.

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer. It's perfectly natural to feel numb but you've come to the right place for help and support.

There is a breast cancer group that you might like to join where you can ask questions and get support from others. To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'Join This Group' on the page that opens. You can then respond to existing posts by clicking on 'Reply' or start your own by choosing 'Start A Discussion'.

When you have a minute could I ask you to complete your profile as it really helps others when answering, or looking for other people with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself . To do this just click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Sending a virtual ((hug))

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

cazzie100
Posted by

Hi Polly - awww, I'm so sorry!!! Ditto, 'hit by a train', numb, vague etc ... it would be great to keep in touch and if I can help do let me know!! Today I'm heading out on a guided walk (even though it's grey and gloomy outside) as thought it would be a good distraction. Take care and big hug, Cazzie xXx 

Polly C
Posted by

Yes I have all the feelings you describe, I am waiting further results which I understand will determine the appropriate treatment. I am trying to keep my mind occupied as the waiting not knowing is horrible.

cazzie100
Posted by

... it looks like we're on a similar path Polly as next week I have an MRI scan with a treatment plan anticipated the following week ... reading this post, it looks like keeping busy/occupied might be a good approach as can't change/influence anything until then I guess ... easier said than done, but I'm going to give it a try! :) x

Polly C
Posted by

Hi Cazzie

Have you had your MRI and treatment plan yet.

I now have a plan in place, it's established I have triple negative BC which has also affected the lymph nodes. I am having the lump and lymph nodes removed followed by chemo and radiotherapy. It has to be further complicated as I have Low grade Non Hodgkinson's Lymphoma (which I have had for a number of years). Think it's going to be a daunting year ahead with various emotions running wild, as you said maybe keeping busy/occupied maybe a good approach. 

cazzie100
Posted by

Hi Polly

Lovely to hear from you and thanks so much for sharing your treatment plan.  Bless you and you're right, with emotions running wild I think we'll need to strap ourselves in and take one day at a time (I know, much easier said than done!).  If it helps, I can highly recommend calling the Macmillan helpline and selecting option 3 for emotional support. It's a free call line and I spoke to a lovely nurse earlier this week - just talking through some 'stuff' was brilliant and we'll be linking up again next week.  For myself, I had the MRI yesterday (++glad that's done!) and anticipating the treatment plan next Wednesday. The initial shock is settling down and I reckon I'll be needing to set mini targets along this journey to avoid feeling overwhelmed.  For now treat yourself this weekend and please keep in touch! :) Cazzie xXx  p.s. will update you with my treatment plan next week :O

cazzie100
Posted by

Hi Polly

I hope you're coping ok ... in my last post I mentioned about my treatment plan anticipated earlier this week although I'd been called in for another ultrasound and biopsy on a second lesion (same breast) found following the MRI scan and currently pending biopsy results.  As such the treatment plan has been postponed until (fingers crossed) this coming Wednesday. The week has felt a bit of a rollercoaster but currently steady and hoping once have the treatment plan can settle down a bit! All for now and take care, Cazzie xXx :)

Polly C
Posted by

Hi 

Sorry to hear of your set back and hope the results on Wednesday will be more favourably, and a plan of action agreed. The date for my op is scheduled for the 21st Feb. Decided to rent a cottage on Isle of Mull to have a relaxing week before hand. Sometimes I think the waiting to start treatment is unbearable, 

Take care I will be thinking of you on Wednesday

Regards

Polly xx

cazzie100
Posted by

Hi Polly

Thanks so much and good for you, the Isle of Mull sounds very peaceful and I expect has beautiful scenery.  Somehow I need to be more connected with people so am heading out shortly and meeting up with a group of walkers for a couple of hours which also makes sure I get some exercise! Today feeling good and much more able to focus on other stuff - hope it lasts!! I'm glad you have a date for your op as you'll then be on the road to recovery. For now I hope you have a wonderful change of scenery and I'll re-post when the treatment plan is revealed on Wednesday. So true, the waiting is :O ... 

Take care and keep in touch,  

Carol xXx    

Leolady56
Posted by

and 

I sincerely hope you do pop by on the main group as others have said we are very support and non judgemental.

We also have a walking group. To support and cheer people on for the tiny steps of exercise they take. We fill it with positive thoughts and lovely pics too

Leolady56

What is a Community Champion? How to add to you profile Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall ..... But when you refuse to stand up again ....... So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x