New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Recovery after having tumour removed from bum

Bru88
Posted by

So I had my surgery end of November to remove large tumour from my backside. I believe the operation was successful but feeling a bit frustrated that my bum is taking so long to heal. The wound in my bum has a whole in which I'm just starting to have packed every other day to speed up my recovery. Don't no what to do for the best. It's very painful to sit down. So I terms to avoid this but worried this may delay my recovery. Should I make more of an effort to sit and put up with the pain or try to keep of it hearing in mind operation was a month and a half ago and expected recovery time was three months. Maybe I'm being to impatient.

J88bru
rily
Posted by

Hello and welcome to the community, although sorry to hear of your discomfort. I notice you have posted in our Ask a Nurse section where you will get some professional  advice. Could I also point out that we have an Anal Group  here where you will be able to get support and help from people with experience of this. We also have Ask an Anal cancer Surgeon . So as you see, lots of places for support and advice. I hope you feel better soon. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.  What is a Community Champion ?
Bru88
Posted by

Thanks alot

J88bru