New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

26 and diagnosed with thyroid cancer ... now I have a lump in my breast. Having my mammogram tomorrow! Advice please.

Soph9492
Posted by

Hi,

just after a little support really. Can’t sleep at all. Can anyone talk me through what happens when you have a mammogram and how breast cancer is diagnosed? Already had thyroid cancer this year and getting a bit sick of lumps and bumps... feel too old to be 26.

Thanks in advance.

Soph 

rily
Posted by

Hi Soph and welcome to the community. Sorry no one was around in the early hours to answer your post. You are obviously concerned. We have a very friendly and active Breast Group here where you will be able to get lots of help, advice and support. Click the link to get to the group and post your concerns there and the members will be only too happy to answer any questions. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.  What is a Community Champion ?
GRANNY59
Posted by

Hi Soph9492 my friend rily has given you some great links to get the support and answers that you need.

A Mammogram involves taking pictures of the breasts and seeing if there are any abnormalities that can be seen or not.

If there are any abnormalities seen then the next step would be to do an ultrasound to have a better look at any areas of concern. If it is felt  that it is necessary to know what is going on with any changes seen then it will involve a biopsy being taken and sent for testing. All these things happen on the same day and in one clinic.

That said many lumps and bumps turn out to be completely harmless but I do understand how worried that you will be having already been on this journey bt hopefully all will be well for you.

I agree with rily about the breast cancer group as it is sadly very busy but all that means is that there are more people to respond to you.

Hope all goes well for you and please do come back and let us know how you get on as we will be thinking of you.

Sending some huge big hugs for now. xxxx