New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Mum having treatment withdrawn. Devastated

Sweetoscar
Posted by

My mum has secondary lung snd liver cancer from a primary bowel which was removed with negative results from lymph nodes in January this year .So no chemo offered . Shocked it had travelled and Radio frequency ablation offered for both. After discovering a second lung tumour referred to oncologist who strongly  recommended no chemo until symptoms prevail. Shocked and devastated. Should we seek a second opinion? Mum is a 'fit and healthy' 82 year old x

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community at what must be a very worrying time for you.

I'm sorry to read that after discovering another lung tumour your mum's oncologist has recommended that she does not have chemo at the moment. 

I can see why you'd be wondering if there was any reason to get a second opinion so thought you would benefit in joining the secondary liver cancer group and secondary lung cancer group as you can ask questions and get support from others community members. To join just click on the links I've created and then choose 'Join This Group' on the page that opens. You can then read and respond to existing posts by clicking on 'Reply' or start your own post by clicking on 'Start A Discussion', which you'll see near the top of the page.

Sending you and your mum a ((hug))

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?