New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Breast cancer diagnosis

Mykidsmyworld
Posted by

Hi, I'm not really sure what to say, i went to my dr with a lump, 3 doctors and an hour later and my world has been turned upside down, they are pretty sure its cancer, have the breast clinic next week, and honestly I'm just so scared, I have 4 kids and an amazing husband, a brilliant support network but I've honestly never felt so alone, and I'm hoping talking about it will help, thank you xx

bellabongo
Posted by

Hiya,

I'm up late (as usual) and I saw your post. I am from the womb cancer forum, but I thought, maybe you would like to join the breast cancer forum, even although you haven't got a diagnosis. There will be other ladies there, I expect, just at the stage you are at. It is like that on the womb forum, not everybody has cancer although they are being investigated for it. We have all been exactly like you, scared and all that it brings with it, but focus on what is the next step you are to do. Don't Google anything, and just try to deal with what's next in front of you, if that makes sense. You will find you cope better doing that. And plan in some distractions in the day, to divert your mind and give you a respite from worry. 

You are right, posting/talking on this site does help. You can be on different forums, like emotional issues, breast cancer for the under 50's (if that is you) as many as you like. The breast cancer forum is really good, from what I can tell, and they have a "thread" called Awake, which is great for those you are up during the night. They are a good chat.

You are NOT alone on here, ever. And you are made welcome. I hope this link works - community.macmillan.org.uk/.../

Much love to you,

Alison xxx 

Leolady56
Posted by

It is sad to say that you needed to find here and as Bellabong said so late at night. That will be the gremlins of doubt, fear , worry and WTF.  Most of the people here have experienced 'alone' but here that is a feeling that can be shared . All feelings here can be shared as it is a non judgemental and unconditional place.

I am not sure if you are under or over 50. No need to say but we do have 2 groups and I will put the links both are for breast cancer

Now as yet all you have are these emotions as yet you have no diagnosis, not to worry. But there is as much chance of this being a totally different issue than breast cancer. Keep hold of that thought.

Main BC Group

Under 50's group

Click on either link to get you to the main page

Wait until you have as much information as you can before you tell the children, then people will have lots of great advice with how to explain it. There is info on here.

But for now fill each day and the freezer (just in case) that can occupy those hands and thoughts

Share with a few safe people. Share here

Take care, the world of breast cancer care and treatment has moved on. 

Leolady56

BIG PS...... keep off Dr Google if you can and stay with reputable sites

What is a Community Champion?

How to add to you profile

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall .....

But when you refuse to stand up again .......

So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

Mykidsmyworld
Posted by

Thank you so much, during the day i manage to cope pretty well and not think about it but at night, i watch my kids sleep and it just hits me hard, I'm 33, but unfortunately this runs in my family, i think it's the not knowing at the moment, i don't know what i have to cope with so i imagine the worst, I know though that I can vonfide in people here without worrying my husband too much, bless him, he won't even let me lift a kettle at the moment, thank you again xx

Leolady56
Posted by

My pleasure. Now pop over to one of the groups and see where you will be happiest posting or post in both

I just had my one year mammogram. It has all done . It is clear. So easily could be you next year or could not even be needed

Now pull up your socks and put your big girl pants on.

I have a spare pair if needed.

And a weird sense of humour which has come in very handy this past year

Hugs across the ether

Leolady56

#

What is a Community Champion?

How to add to you profile

Life is like a boxing match, defeat is declared not when you fall .....

But when you refuse to stand up again .......

So, I get knocked down but I get up again. x

bellabongo
Posted by

Love your pants Leolady56! 

Alison xxx