New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Post menstrual bleed

Gwin
Posted by

I was diagnosed mar 2016 with grade 3 her pos inv ductile carcinoma , an incidental find . I had 2 ops as they didn't get it all the first time . Chemo ,  ( which i didn't complete cos my body couldn't tolerate it ) radio and herceptin followed , now on Tamoxifen for 10 yrs . I haven't felt very well for the last few months , bloating , feeling full , exhausted , abdominal discomfort and spotting . I was referred to gynea who carried out an hysteroscopy and removed a polyp , told me to disregard what i was previously told ( that there were irregularities to be concerned about ) as things were fine . I was also told that tests prove i have gone through the menopause . Spotting continued and several visits to gp about this and feeling dreadful seem to be seen as me wittering for no reason ,and that have health anxiety ! I was as fit as a lop before all this happened and i know when my body is telling me something isn't right . Chemo as left me with bad peritheral neuropathy and radios side effects are continuing to show . I am now bleeding not just spotting , my bowel movements are loose then constipation , lost appetite as feel full all the time , feel sick and have sore sides , uncomfortable pelvic area , the exhaustion is overwhelming as is being breathless . I don't feel I'm being heard let alone believed , at my tethers end . Am i worrying unduly or do i need to pursue thos , please help , Joanna 

Linda3
Posted by

Hi , My you've been through a lot. If I had the symptoms you have I'd be worried too. Can you ask for a second opinion? If your body is telling you something is wrong, and clearly it is, I would suggest pushing for further tests. Perhaps you might like to check our Ask an Expert page, it will take longer for a reply, being the weekend. Worrying without action can only make you feel worse, perhaps you could write a list with the details you have given here and be firm about wanting to be seen. If you can, take someone with you for extra support, it's easier to be strong with someone at your side.

Hugs,

Linda

If you find dust in my house, write your name in it. When the signatures overlap I'll get the polish.

What is a Community Champion?

Gwin
Posted by

Thanks Linda for taking the time to reply x