New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Breast Cancer

Gummybear69
Posted by

Hi l went to the all in one breast clinic on thursday and they knew straight away it was breast cancer mammogram and scan confirmed then got biopsy took straight away it all happened so fast. Does any one know how long treatment last I've to have op in 2 to 3 weeks and have to go back Wednesday for treatment plan I'm a bit all over the place 

Dreamthief
Posted by

Evening 

Warm welcome to the Mac Community, although it is not so nice seeing so many joining us here.

No wonder you are all over the place getting news like this straight away does really hit hard, but I suppose it is better than having to wait up to 2 weeks for biopsy results :-/

How long treatment can last really depends on what results are found. Stage, Grade and type of breast cancer determines the treatment regime advised.  This can be anything from a lumpectomy followed by radiotherapy sessions, to needing surgery, chemo, radiotherapy and 5 to 10 years on daily hormone inhibitor tablets if it turns out oestrogen is feding your cancer cells.

There is a very active (and friendly) Breast Group here (clickable link) you should join, then start  new discussion asking whatever questions you may have.  You will soon get some replies as we are all here to help you get through the rabbit in the headlights period.

Hope this is of some help for  now, take care, G n' J

TheScriptFan
Posted by

Hi 

Welcome to the club no one wants to be a member of. There is a breast cancer group which you will probably be better off posting in. Lots of lovely people over there who will be able help. 

Sorry i can't help with your question as i have had chemotherapy first but there are lots of others across in the group who have had an op first.

Nice to meet you, take care and take it one step at a time xxx

If its hurting right now, it's gonna make us who we are, it's written in the scars   "The Script"