New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Meningioma removal

Cola75
Posted by

Hi everyone, 

I am new here so please be gentle. I am 42 years old and work as a Biomedical assistant in Leicester. 

I had a meningioma removed in May this year, u fortunately during surgery my brain unexpectedly swelled up and I suffered a stroke which has affected my left arm & leg. I am recovering well, walking is coming along OK, just weakness in the knee and hip but can walk unaided so that is something.

My issue at the moment is that I fairly often have this feeling where I am abit tipsy  which obviously I am not as I have not drank alcohol since May. Also I feel like everything I do is so slow. Please tell me that these things will improve soon. 

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that following an operation to remove the meningioma you suffered a stoke but glad to read that you're recovering well.

I don't know if the fact that you feel tipsy is down to either of these health issues but I noticed that you'd joined the low-grade brain tumours group so thought that if you posted this question there you may well get a response. If you're not sure how to get back to that group just click on the link I've created. You can then post by choosing 'Start A Discussion' which you'll see near the top of the page.

All the best for your continued recovery

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Cola75
Posted by

Hi Latchbrook, 

To be honest I have no idea how to manoeuvre my way around this forum. I can't seem to find where to write a post, i only came across how to reply to you by chance! 

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi

It can be a bit tricky navigating the site when you first join!

To get back to the low-grade brain tumours group (link) click on the link I've created and then choose 'Start A Discussion' which you'll see near the top of the page. You can then introduce yourself and ask questions.

If you need any further help just click on Reply and type your question to me.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?