New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Pazopanib And weight control

Bella17
Posted by

Hi all, hoping someone can help - I had my left kidney removed in August 2010.  Unfortunately the cancer has spread to my lung so I have 9 or 10 nodes. I have been given Pazopanib in the hope that these nodes can be held at bay or even disappear.  I am on day 8 of taking Pazopanib, I have had the runs once, was ok with tablets and had sickness a few times, but only phlegm so all in all not too bad at the moment. I am concerned that in 8 days I have lost 4 pounds even though I am eating 2000 calories per day Anyone else had similar reactions. I am a little concerned as I lost 2 stone leading up to the op - now I am happy with my weight, nausea will prevent me from eating much more, but I don’t want to loose any more weight. Do you think the weight will settle Down.  Thank you. Chezza

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi  and welcome back to the online community although I'm sorry you're here for the second time.

I can quite understand that you're concerned that you're loosing weight and whilst I don't have the experience of this to be able to advise you hopefully I can point you in the direction of groups that can help.

I took a look at your previous posts before replying and see that you originally had breast cancer. So I'm assuming that what you have  now is secondary breast cancer. If that's right then I'd recommend that you join that group as they should be able to give you advice and support. If I've got this wrong please let me know and I'll guide you to the correct group.

If you'd like to join the secondary breast cancer group just click on the link I've created and then select Join This Group on the page that opens. You could then copy and paste your question from here by clicking on Start A Discussion.

All the best x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Bella17
Posted by

Thank you for replying.  As my breast cancer was caught at the very beginning stage 0 DCIS I don’t think there is any connection and my kidney cancer is being classed as my only cancer, with secondaries in my lungs - does that sound correct to you? 

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi

I'm not medically trained so I don't know if what you say is right or not but it sounds like it would be. Therefore I'm going to suggest the secondary lung cancer group to you. If you'd like to join follow my link and click on Join This Group on the page that opens.

Wishing you all the best for your ongoing treatment

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?