New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Lymphoma

Miss Butterflies
Posted by

Hi everybody, I’m new to the group & looking to chat with anyone who has lymphoma. I was diagnosed with it in January this year & feel very lonely & would like to share experiences with others. Hope to hear from you soon. 

Katy Lou
Posted by

Hi Miss Butterflies. I was diagnosed with Non Hodgkin Lymphoma in Oct last year. Mines T cell and shows itself as tiny lumps which grow to open sores. Have had four lumps and had radiotherapy and chemo. Awaiting latest pet scan result. Which one have you got and how are you. Don’t feel alone as there are a lot of lovely people on here going through this awful journey too. Really helps to talk. You don’t feel so alone. Keep in touch. Lots of hugs xxx

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to read that you have lymphoma and that you feel very lonely. Having a cancer diagnosis is a scary time and can make you feel very lonely. There are lots of lovely people on here who you can share your experiences with and get support so you won't need to feel lonely again!

If you tell me which type of lymphoma you have I could point you in the direction of which group to join. Alternatively, if you click on 'Groups', which you'll see under the words online community towards the top of the page, and then 'cancer types' you can scroll through to find the appropriate group yourself. When you find the one you want to join just click Join This Group and you can then reply to existing posts or start one yourself by clicking on Start A Discussion.

I'm also going to tag my fellow Community Champion  into this reply as looks after the lymphoma groups. In fact he's just written a blog about his journey with lymphoma which you might like to read.

It would also be very helpful to others when replying to you, if you could put a little bit of information about your diagnosis in your profile. To do this just click on your username and then select edit profile. You don't need to put a lot and you can edit it at any time.

Best wishes x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Thehighlander
Posted by

Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, I am Mike  that my friend  tagged.

Lymphoma is the fifth highest group of cancers, but I need to say from the very start that on the whole blood cancers can be treated well.

It would help to to get you in the correct group so our two main Lymphoma Forums are Non Hodgkin's Lymphomas and Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

With over 80 types of Lymphomas we don't have a group for every Lymphoma type but you can connect with folks in these two general groups.

As Latchbrook has highlighted I have done a little blog for the site so have a look.

I will look out for you on both the NHL and HL forms.

Warm Highlander ((hugs))

Mike - Thehighlander

Some journeys take us far from home but some adventures lead us to our destiny CS Lewis

SCT NHL TCell

Haffygirl
Posted by

Hi, miss Butterflies, your original post hasn't had many replies so I just wanted to add my hallloooo! You haven't put which type of lymphoma you have on your profile.  Well done for getting through the slog of treatments....not that we have much choice in the matter! Hope you're feeling reasonably well now? I'm 2 weeks into a Macmillan HOPE course to try and get my head around the meaning of life....it's reassuring to know that others have similar hopes and fears and we're not alone! I'm more than happy to chat on here or by private messaging, add me as a friend if you want.

Johnr and Mike the hugging highlander do great work monitoring the site and giving encouragement and support!

Regards, Lynda xx

Another day survived

Thehighlander
Posted by

Lynda the hugging Highlander lol.

we are around to help out as it is so important to walk this journey along with others.

A blood cancer journey is a Marathon split into three parts. The first part being the diagnosis, the second being the treatment and the third, final and often most challenging is the post treatment recovery. 

We have all walked the walk so can talk the talk from first hand expereance.

Mike - Thehighlander

Some journeys take us far from home but some adventures lead us to our destiny CS Lewis

SCT NHL TCell