New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Just been diagnosed with colorectal cancer

Plymgirl
Posted by

Hi i got diagnosed with colorectal cancer 23rd August. Had mri and ct scans 3rd Sept how long will it be till I get results? It's a bit scary 

Plymgirl
bellabongo
Posted by

Hi Plymgirl,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis there. I'm a womb cancer lady myself. Hospital scans vary from hospital to hospital, but as far as I can tell it is between 1-4 weeks. You probably have a consultant, so you can phone their secretary and she/he will tell you when the results will likely be in. 

You can join the forum on here for bowel cancer, and the People on there are the pals you want to have. They will support you every step of the way. I love the people on my forum, they are so great! Click on group and then B for bowel cancer. A community champion will come on here and explain it better than me.

Waiting anxiety is one thing ALL of on here have and are still having experience of. You have my sympathies there! I am on chemo just now. I am getting on fine with it.

Good luck!

Lots of love 

Alison xxx 

Bodach
Posted by

Hi 

Further to the excellent response from  I add this for your convenience

Bowel (colon and rectum) cancer click on the green text and this will take you to the group page where you find at the top a tab for start a discussion click on this and you can then start to post your question(s) from there.

If you have time please complete your profile and tell us more about yourself and how your journey brought you to the forum.

We look forward to welcoming you to the group where you find a host of friendly people.

Ian

Ileostomy, colostomy and stoma support group

LIVING WITH A ST ● MA

Macmillan Support Line 0808 808 0000 MON to FRID 9 am to 8 pm

What is a Community Champion?