New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

invasive breast cancer lumpectomy and sentinel lymph node biopsy

youngatheart
Posted by

Hi all. I'm new to this. my lump was found with a routine mammogram. I was told that it was 11mm and grade 3. I had a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy a week ago. I am feeling well and the only pain I have is bruising. I was told that the sentinel node would be looked at and removed whilst I was on the table and that if anything was found, that some or all of the other nodes would be removed at the same time so no need for a further operation. I have a wound under my arm just where the side of my bra is but no pain in either my armpit or neck etc so I am wondering if any other nodes were taken.

The trick to walking over hot coals, is courage. X
LoobyLou49
Posted by

Hi , and a very warm welcome to the Site. You have posted in 'New to the Site' and I wonder if you meant to post in the  Breast Cancer group? I'm afraid I can't answer your question as I'm not medically trained, but it might help to try our Ask a Nurse digital nurse who would get back to you in a couple of days and has the expertise you need.

Hugs,

LoobyLou   Linda

If you find dust in my house, write your name in it. When the signatures overlap I'll get the polish.    What is a Community Champion?

64Scouse
Posted by

Hello youngatheart I had 2 sentinel nodes removed and the scar was under my arm exactly where you describe .If you are in any doubt as to what has happened during surgery ring your breast care nurse and ask, I'm sure they will be able to clarify .

youngatheart
Posted by
  1. Thank you. I have my appointment on 20th so I think I can wait until then. I have spoken to a customer of mine who had the same thing and the same wound and she also had just sentinel nodes removed x
The trick to walking over hot coals, is courage. X