New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

I'm new to this group.

Kingfisher20
Posted by

Hi, I was diagnosed with Chrinic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (CLL) in February of this year and started Chemotherapy in April. The first 2 chemo cycles didn't go too well, involving various reactions to chemo and other drugs, resulting in hospital admissions on both occasions. Chemo drugs have now been reduced by 20% and have managed to avoid hospital admissions so far. Just starting 4th cycle of chemo and feeling quite rough. 

Living alone and with no close family members can be quite isolating. I don't find it easy to ask for help as I am so used to having to be independent and normally work full time. Struggling with nausea and abdominal pain (constipation doesn't help!). 

I'm hoping to try to return to work for a couple of hours a day during the latter half of the chemo cycle. Just wonder if others have managed to work - my GP says my desire to work is 'admirable', but would not expect me to return to work even on limited hours.

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi and welcome to the online community

As I don't have any knowledge of this type of cancer can I point you towards the CLL,SLL, HCL group (link) where you can ask questions and share experiences with others who have Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia. To join just follow the link I've created then select Join This Group on the page that opens. Once you've joined you can then Start A Discussion or look at the previous threads.

I hope that joining this online community will hopefully help you feel less isolated.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?