New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

biopsy results

gsgirl
Posted by

Hi. I had a hysteroscopy 3 weeks ago following post menopausal bleeding. They removed two polyps and took biopsies. I have been sent an appointment for next week to see a gynaecologist/ oncologist. My question is, does this mean they have found something sinister? Wouldn’t I have been sent a letter if the biopsies were clear?

Any help appreciated, thanks

src60
Posted by

They almost never just send a letter as even if the biopsies were clear they would want to talk about what that means and any follow up they might recommend. Unfortunately the wait for results tends to worry everyone you will see lots of messages on the site about that. They might have found something they consider pre-cancerous too (great they got it before it became cancer) in which case they will definitely be interested in what next and of course even if they have found nothing remotely cancerous then there is still the original problem and what will be the next stages to deal with that.

Good news that you only have a week to wait, the best bet is to try to keep busy and not worry about it too much. Also worth considering taking a friend to the appointment to take notes. Let us know how it goes and we can either celebrate with you or provide more support depending on the outcome.

<<hugs>>

Steve

gsgirl
Posted by

Many thanks for the quick response, Steve. I will try to relax, and will advise you on the outcome. Fingers crossed!