New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

My sensitive skin with chemotherapy

Deb F
Posted by

hi, I had a mastectomy in May and they took biopsy for lymph nodes, one was showing cancerous cells so now I have now started 16 weeks of chemo. I have had two rounds so far started to lose my hair two weeks after first round, my hair has now gone. But now I’m so worried about my skin, I know I have to use something simple but I just don’t know what to get and by skin is so dry. I’m trying to look after myself but just feel a bit lost. Please help 

GRANNY59
Posted by

Hi DebF welcome to the forum.

I m wondering if you might ask them at the chemo unit as they may be able to recommend something that you can use as so much interferes with treatment and they may have more advice that would be useful for you. Are you able to call them if not seeing them soon?

Sorry not to have been of more help but sending some huge big hugs for now and very best wishes for the rest of your treatment.xxxx

Deb F
Posted by

Thank you Gail I will give them a call. This is all new to me and as I get further into my treatment I’m sure I will meet people that can share tips. Thanks again Debx