New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

TNBC

Kissvas
Posted by

Hi everyone. I am 43 and diagnosed with TNBC grade 3. Had a phone call today to tell me that my lymph nodes are effected. I am numb and scared if it has spread any where else in my body. MRI next Wednesday and doctors ordered CR and bone scan. 

I’m very positive and try to keep myself busy at work. 

I haven’t told my children yet nor my parents as I don’t want them to worry. I feel I need to protect them from the heart ache. I want to have all tests and treatment plan before telling them. 

Can I survive this? If so I will die with worry that it will return somewhere else in a few years. 

I am due to have genetic testing soon. Any advice gratefully appreciated.

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I can completely understand what you mean when you say you feel numb and scared. Any diagnosis has the potential to have this effect on you but I'm sure you'll feel much better once you've had the scans and you know what treatment is planned. It's good that you're feeling positive and keeping yourself busy as this will help you not to dwell on this so much.

I'm thinking that TNBC stands for triple negative breast cancer? If I'm right then you might like to join the triple negative breast cancer group. It's full of lovely ladies who know exactly what you're going through and will be able to answer your questions and support you.

Once you have joined the group simply click on +Start a discussion near the top of the page. You can copy and paste the introduction you did in new to the site into your first post if you'd like rather than retyping.

If I'm wrong and it stands for something else then please accept my apologies and tell me what it does stand for and I'll find an appropriate group for you.

Sending a supportive ((hug)) your way

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?