New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Cancer of the Bile Duct

Neeco
Posted by

Hi everyone, I’m new here so I’m hoping this is going to work!

I’d like to start by sharing my dads experience. He had jaundice and trapped wind symptoms and was admitted to hospital. He had numerous scans and finally a stent inserted in his bile duct as they suspected a stricture. He has now been diagnosed with cancer of the bile duct and if the MRI of his liver is free of cancer, he will have the Whipple’s procedure. 

Obviously you do your own research but everything seems to relate to cancer of the pancreas. I am trying to stay positive about his life after Whipples and so I came here. I’m just interested to hear from anyone who has experienced the same thing?

Many thanks in advance, Neeco

rily
Posted by

Hi Neeco and welcome to the community at this difficult time for your family. I notice you have just found the Bile Cancer Group. If you post your questions in that group, I am sure someone with experience of this will be along to answer your concerns. I hope all goes well and best wishes for your dad.

Best wishes to All,

rily.

What is a Community Champion ?

Neeco
Posted by

I’ve reposted in the Bile Cancer group, thanks for the advice! Neeco