New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

Accommodation help.

mike9tn66
Posted by

Hi there my wife is about to go into hospital to have her right kidney removed because of a cancerous 56mm tumour, the issue is its 55 miles away from our home. Is there any help i can get to stay near her. 

Arla
Posted by

Hi Mike,

The Macmillan helpline 0808 808 0000 should be able to point you in the right direction, it's open tomorrow from 9am, they give financial information, and sometimes assistance, as well as pointing you in the direction of local support. The hospital might be able to help too, I know some have relative rooms and my friends husband got to stay with her at my local hospital in a pull out bed as she had a single room after a routine surgery. 

I hope that you are able to find something, let us know how you get on.

Xxx

Bramble Bloke
Posted by

Hi Mike, where is the hospital and your home? Happy to help if it's close.

Michael - Macmillan

Hi Bramble Bloke, that's a nice offer - but in order to keep our members safe, our community guidelines ask members not to share personal information online. Hopefully Arla's advice about contacting the hospital and also the Macmillan Support Line will be helpful.
Kind regards,
M.

mike9tn66
Posted by

Thank you so far for the info, will talk too the hospital and see if they have anything. 

mistymoley
Posted by

Mike, great advice  so far, and you can also check out the in your area section at the top of the page which may  have more local options for you.

(edited - now in English!) 

Helen

I am not medically qualified, please consult your doctor or undertake your own research.